Friday 27 February 2009

Shipping The FOB Back. . .

A very last minute trip slash holiday slash personal reasons, trip to Vietnam!
I am a 22 year old, half Vietnamese and half Chinese girl who has never been to her mothers home town. I'm shit, I know! But now, I get the opportunity and I am pretty excited. Flights, accommodation, food and spending money all paid for! What more could I want? Time off work and Uni? (well I got it!)

Going in a weeks time didn't really hit me until I spoke to my cousin about her sorting out her passport and Visa. The thought of how my mummy use to live back in the day with her triangular straw hats, picking strawberries or whatever they use to rummage for back then, put a big smile on my face.


I get to see and visit my mums village, see her home back then, her childhood and all her friends! The excitement was rushing and I was getting flustered! Although I know there is gonna be some tears and shit from her, I know it and then I'm gonna cry, which is gonna make Dylan cry and then everybody cries! Good times!
But anyway, I cannot wait! 7 days to go!!!

I can't imagine how wonderful it is going to be. Life changing and emotional for me? I think so! I'll probably come back cultural, as London and New York have made me a bit Met life!


Rowing our boats with our straw hats on, but on our iPhones (ha!) is gonna be the best feeling ever!
The time had come, I am ready, the food I will force myself to eat, but I'm a bit anxious over the toilet situation. I know it's like 2009 and all, but in the village better have flushable, proper toilets with seats and toilet tissue! None of this please!



Bring on Vietnam! =)

No comments: