Tuesday 10 February 2009

Hurt

It amazes me to this day that some will never learn from their mistakes or see the hurt they do to people! A few of my friends, family and me have experienced this lately, and it's a shame to see that it does affect people alot and often!

Dictionary meaning of Hurt:
1. to cause bodily injury to; injure: He was badly hurt in the accident.
2. to cause bodily pain to or in: The wound still hurts him.
3. to damage or decrease the efficiency of (a material object) by striking, rough use, improper care, etc.: Moths can't hurt this suit because it's mothproof. Dirty oil can hurt a car's engine.
4. to affect adversely; harm: to hurt one's reputation; It wouldn't hurt the lawn if you watered it more often.
5. to cause mental pain to; offend or grieve: She hurt his feelings by not asking him to the party.
–verb (used without object)
6. to feel or suffer bodily or mental pain or distress: My back still hurts.
7. to cause bodily or mental pain or distress: The blow to his pride hurt most.
8. to cause injury, damage, or harm.
9. to suffer want or need.
–noun
10. a blow that inflicts a wound; bodily injury or the cause of such injury.
11. injury, damage, or harm.
12. the cause of mental pain or offense, as an insult.
13. Heraldry. a rounded azure.
–adjective
14. physically injured: The hurt child was taken to the hospital.
15. offended; unfavorably affected: hurt pride.
16. suggesting that one has been offended or is suffering in mind: Take that hurt look off your face!

I'm not talking about the physical pain of hurt but the emotion that some can put people through. I've learnt from the past that no matter who you love or care for, you can never trust them 100%. Even if he or she is your husband or wife, there is always going to be hurt just behind that corner. Hurting in silence is the worst. Crying day in and day out, with swollen eyes and bags under them which you can't even hide or say you wasn't crying because it is so blatent! Hurt is obvious and is a disease you cannot get rid off easily. It stays with you forever and can never be forgotten, even if you make amends! The one person who I loved more than anything pissed on me big time. Long story, but did. I was treated like shit and back then, I didn't even noticed! When you look back, especially when your hurt, you realise certain things that are important to you and how it came about becoming like how it is. You see things from a clearer view like sitting in by the sea and just looking out into the ocean and seeing where it will lead you to. You think hard and wise of what you really want, and the answers are there, if you just believe in yourself and get on with it. I have to, I will, and so will my loved ones. There's not one person who will never hurt you, not one. So I tell myself and the people out there. Take guard. Take guard of yourself and your feelings. Life is never fair and will never be. You and only you is number 1. That is what I failed miserably at, and put me at the bottom low.

Sorry about any grammer or paragraphing. I was in writing mode......

No comments: