Tuesday 24 February 2009

Dubstepppperzz!

This post is ever so long overdue, as I am probably still recovering from it! =p
On Thursday night, saw the comings of Skream and Benga at the Shoreditch club slash bar, East Village. An easy to locate venue, as some would just say:
"It's around the corner from Favela Chic!"
Bingo, I found it!

The evening was a hyped, eagerly anticipated event, as apparently, Skream and Benga are the Kings of Dubstep. Really?
A few months ago, I had never heard of dubstep, but only from my cousin Bobby and Matthew who kept on raving about this genre, and that it's NANG! Ha! I don't think any genre can be nang! But even so, I decided to give this night a go.
I didn't want to attend alone, so I dragged my cousin Kuei and my sister Myanh to the night. We all did not know what to expect, but I was expecting for the worst! It's always better to think that way. Joshua told my cousin, that if she wore a plaid shirt and buttoned it all the way to the top, she would fit right in! Ha!
Very true, as when we got there, there was more than 7 people wearing checked shirts, and yes, buttoned all the way to the top! Haha!

We met our cousin Bobby and his hyped friends, (especially Alex! =) ) who were already skanking out near the speakers at 9.40pm... It was too early, but they clearly didn't think it was to go hard core!
Beverages were consumed and the night was looking bright. The music was a real pleasant surprise, as I actually enjoyed my night, so did Kuei and Myanh! What a success!

The crowd also, was not what we expected! The dubstep vibe in the club was amazing! Everyone having the time of their life, going crazy at the tunes being played, and basically enjoying the DUBSTEP experience... It was electric...

Bobby was seriously, King Mosher!

Apparently, Alex's face is bass level 3? Would you guys like to enlighten me with this info?



I believe this was bass face level 2?


The venue had a large amount of disco balls on the ceiling and somehow, people were getting hold of them. I wanted one, so I ask the giant called Bobby Long to see if he could get me one. Not only did he get one, but two! YES!
Unfortunately, the small one got confiscated off him while he was dancing it with, so I got Adrian to hide the big one for me so I could take home! Ha!


Overall, myself, cousin and sister had a great first experience of a dubstep night, and would surely do it again! But be sure to wear comfortable shoes, if you ever want to skank out like Bobby and Kuei... =)

Dubstepperz over and out! Ha!


*NEWS NEWS!*
Confirmation has been made that, if ladies ever wanted to find good looking chaps on a night out in a club, a DUBSTEP night is THE ONE! =)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

another dubstep virgins deflowered.

:D

The Colour Technician said...

Not 1, but 3!

Anonymous said...

disco ball smugglers!!
thats how we roll