Saturday 1 November 2008

Westfield London

On Friday afternoon, my mum, aunt, their friend, brother, sister and little second cousin went to the brand new spanking London shopping centre, in Shepherd Bush, Westfield!



I met them up after I had done all my chores, and I got the tube there. Central line all the way to Shepherds Bush, and BAM, right in front of you, the centre of all centres!

It was overwhelming, loads of people, stewards keeping the crowd in order and giving directions!
When inside, it felt I was still outside! It was freezing! Whether it was the air conditioning or the big drafts from outside, it was friggin cold!

They had a fashion show going on throughout the day, which I think most shopping centres do, to promote what stores they have in the centre and basically just a big event to open the centre with! It was crap to say the least! Although some pretty cute models strutting their stuff!

Eventually I found my mum and brother, and I took my brother off my mothers hands and we went our seperate ways for shopping!

First stop! FOOD!

What I did noticed about this place was that there was no junk food restaurants there! Pretty good in avoiding England to be America, but for the days when you do wanna scoff your face off, Westfield food hall is not the place!

Dylan and I opted for Square Pie! Hmmm Yum! It's a favourite of Dylans, as everytime we go west, we always go into Selfridges and have some pie!
We both had the Jerk Chicken pie, and oh my god! It was yummy! But not as yummy as the pie at Emirates Stadium! (You must try!) We eventually found seats, which was hard, as there wasn't many! =(



The choice of food there was OK, not the best, but not terrible. There will be something for you to eat there, even if it's just a croissant! lol... Westfield being too posh for the common? I think so.

I had to get some money out, so after looking at my guide map and asking many helpers, I found the Halifax, and guess who was there at the front, signing autographs!

The China man from the advert! Woo Hoo! It was great to see him for some strange reason! He was small with big China man hair!
I wanted Dylan to get a picture with him but he got embaressed and declined. Damn it!



After wondering around the shops and buying afew bits and bobs, my mum called to say we were all going home! We met at the atrium, and there had like literally 3 coffee shops besides each other! I don't get it!

We walked to the car park, which you have to pay for! BUMP! (£2 per hour I think!) and surprisingly it was empty! I think everyone came by public transport! I wouldn't blame them. Who would want to drive through West London to get there? Crazy traffic!

I thought we was going home, but we were going into Central London instead! I guess Westfield wasn't what they wanted or expected!

Good ol' Oxford Street to the rescue!

p.s "Something tell's me I'm into something good!"

No comments: