Sunday 13 September 2009

Fistful of Fandango Festival

Saturday night, Greggles, Dean and I headed to 229 Great Portland Street to check out the Fistful of Fandango 4 day festival.
n115529922422_1355
We went for the one night as Greg's friends, The Flashguns were playing on that night. We got there pretty late after procasinating in the Perserverance with a few Kopperbergs. We got there finally after going round and round the area to find the place and wow bloody wow, the venue was so deceiving. The basement was like a concert hall... Intimate and large enough space for a good sound system and Indie rockers gettin' it on down! Bands like The Feelings first performed here before hitting the big light. In the main room was a band called, Pete and the Pirates. They absolutely kicked ass and I have become a fan from that night...
Pete and the Pirates
One of the tracks they played was Jennifer and Dean couldn't quite work out what they were singing! Haha!

DSC_0015
DSC_0016

Greg's friends, The Flashguns were missed as we didn't make it on time... Opppssiieee! But I had heard of them before, and my favourite track of theirs has to be, 'I don't not love you'... Give it a listen.


After about an hour or two at the festival, we opted to go back to the pub... Damn.... =(
It's the first I've heard about this festival and I'll be sure keeping my eyes peeled for when they do more events like this.

I think I have fallen in love! =)

Thanks Greg Teeeeee!!! x

No comments: