Sunday 22 August 2010

Buddhist Temple

I arrived home from my holiday in Portugal on a Saturday morning. I get indoors and the first thing Mumsy asks me is to go to this Buddhist temple in Birmingham the next day!

Birmingham was a turn off, but I felt that I should go. Pray, chant, get some holy water sprinkled at me and generally be a one. So Sunday came and we got on a massive coach as it was a community of Vietnamese people going. School trip esky! The journey was long but somewhat enjoyable. Just staring out the window and not speaking but just thinking. I thought about what prayers I would say and what I would wish for when I placed the incense into the pot...

The temple was ok, not as big as I thought. Especially as the one in Hendon, London is beautiful.
Inside was quite nice though, considering the outside being a bit meh!....



The whole session was about and hour and a half and damn did I suffer from pins and needles...
The day turned into some Vietnamese Paris by Night event, with people singing left, right and centre. It was cringing to say the least.
You would catch me dead up there...






I couldn't wait for this shit to be over, as we had a game of bingo to play afterwards...
1st line wins you a Canon camera, and a full house wins you some DVD surround sound system! I wanted anything!



I never win anything, and this day, I won..... NOTHING!
Nothing new there then...

Outside was more monks chanting and giving out lucky money and food... Hard to explain but it was really good fun. Just to think, I tortured myself for 2 hours watching people sing, while all the fun was happening outside! Grrrr!









Towards the end, it was a, giving to the children thing. Mylan got herself one of these from the monks!



Overall, it was a really nice day there. You look and think hard in situations you are in.

Guess what I wished and prayed for?.....

No comments: