Thursday 29 January 2009

Worse than Labour?

About a year ago, my mum bought me a jade bracelet which I loved soooo much. Unfortunately, it broke, so when my mum went to the Far east this year, I made sure she'd buy me another one to replace the one that broke. My mum bought 2 for me! (just in case!)

Tonight, I finally soldiered it out and decided to put the bangle on!
It may seem like such a easy thing to do, but how you should buy your jade bangle is to measure your 3 middle fingers. Your fingers width should be the same as your wrist, so you buy that size and squeeze that bugger on! Does that make sense?
Well, I've got skinny fingers and skinny hands, so you can imagine how small the bangle looked. If you look at it, you'd think, "NO WAY IS THAT GONNA FIT!"

Well, anyway, I got mine, and covered my hand in loads of hair conditioner so that it can easily slip on, with the help of a plastic carrier bag. You make a hole in the bag, and place your hand through it, and bangle over it, so you can slide it down the hand.

It was the most horrific pain I have come across. Worse than the first time round! But at last, it is finally on, and it looks beautiful! Haha!



My mum couldn't stop laughing, as she thought at one point we could of fractured my hand of some sort.
My mum applied 'arnicare'. Which is a cream for bruises. My right hand is feeling hot, swollen, sore and it's bloody throbbing!

The things we do for the things we love eh?
Bloody worth it though!

The swelling will go down in like 5 days I hope! =S

2 comments:

Sweetpea said...

Oooh I likey! I bought mine when I was in China and the sales assistant covered my hand with washing up liquid and a carrier bag to put it on... damn good thing I liked it as I don't think I'd have been able to get the damn thing off again if I didn't want to buy it! Good sales technique hey! LOL

The Colour Technician said...

Ha! Washing up liquid is a good one to use actually. I don't know why I didn't think to combine the two to make it easier! Argh!!!!